India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
- ED to move HC to stall Agusta accused’s foreign trip
- Why is CBI dragging feet in probing its ex-chiefs, asks court
- 4 Maoists shot dead in 2-day-long Chhattisgarh op
Almost 20k manual scavengers missed out on govt one-time cash aid because of incomplete personal details
Out of 63,246 persons identifed as manual scavengers between 2013 to March 31 this year, one time cash payment of Rs 40,000, as a rehabilitation measure stipulated under law, could be paid to only 43,407 as in case of the rest details like bank accounts and addresses provided by the states have been found to be incomplete.
- As a circus goes online, clown pines for hugs and selfie requests
- BJP target of farming community, faces anger in parts of Punjab
- In a boost to ED, court declares Sandesara brothers ‘fugitive economic offenders’
- Jnanpith award conferred on renowned poet Akkitham
- States get Centre’s nod to begin procurement operations for paddy and rice 3 days ahead of schedule
- After Onam, Kerala sees 126% jump in active corona cases