India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
- Prashant Kishor slams Nitish over his 'Amit Shah's recommendation' claim
- Coronavirus: MEA makes formal request to China to help evacuate Indians from Wuhan
- IndiGo suspends stand-up comedian from flying for 6 months
Sharjeel Imam's lawyer claims he surrendered before Delhi police
The lawyer of Sharjeel Imam, who was arrested by the Delhi police on sedition charge for allegedly making inflammatory speeches, claimed on Tuesday that the anti-CAA activist had "surrendered" before the police. Advocate Mishika Singh said that Imam was willing to cooperate in the investigation. The JNU scholar was wanted by police in several states.
'What a fall for you to lie': Prashant Kishor hits back at Nitish Kumar
The rift between JD(U) chief Nitish Kumar and Prashant Kishor was out in the open on Tuesday. Hours after Nitish claimed that Kishor was inducted into JD(U) on the recommendation of Amit Shah, the latter slammed the Bihar CM for "lying". "NitishKumar what a fall for you to lie about how and why you made me join JDU," Kishor tweeted.
- School built with India's assistance handed over to Nepal
- Employee can't claim over Rs 8,000 if injured in harness: HC
- Congress misleading Muslims on new citizenship law: Amit Shah
- Coronavirus outbreak: Screening available at 20 airports now, says govt
- Centre ready for talks with all NE rebel groups; invites Paresh Baruah