India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
- 'India, ASEAN cooperation will be key facilitator for growth of Indo-Pacific region'
Lawyer who represented Kathua rape made J&K additional advocate general
In a series of tweets, former J&K chief minister and PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti came down heavily against the appointment and called it a “shocking violation” of the spirit of justice and sought the intervention of Governor NN Vohra in the matter.
- Stop transmission of banned satellite channels: J&K Govt to cable operators
- Railway targets to lay 4,100 km of tracks in 2018-19
- Mob lynching: IT ministry may speak to WhatsApp again over steps to curb rumours
No-trust motion: BJP issues two-day whip to its LS members
The direction was issued by BJP Chief Whip in the Lok Sabha Anurag Thakur as the no-confidence motion against the Narendra Modi government will be taken up for consideration on Friday.
- No-confidence motion: BJP positive of getting support from 314 MPs; Congress buoyant
IAF to participate in multinational exercise in Australia for first time
The IAF contingent will consists of 145 air-warriors including a Garud commando team, four Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter planes and a C-130 and a C-17 transport aircraft in the exercise which will end on August 18, the air force statement said.
- Karnataka CM seeks Centre's help to roll out Rs 40,000 crore farm loan waiver
- Railways will need over 15,000 additional coaches from 2018-2021: Min