India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
Govt rejects SII plea to export 50 lakh doses of Covishield to UK
Despite the international pressure and several rounds of negotiations by Serum Institute of India (SII), the government has turned down the request from SII to export 50 lakh doses of Covishield to UK under its prior commitments. The decision was taken in the wake of severe supply crunch of vaccines locally and government insisting the local production be supplied to protect Indians first.
Centre pushes back at SC, warns of ‘overzealous judicial intervention’
The Centre has conveyed to the Supreme Court that judges have little expertise in dealing with the dynamic nature of numerous challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic and that the executive, both the Centre and states, in consultation with domain experts, were in a much better position to manage the distressed situation.
11 Covid-19 patients die in Andhra Pradesh hospital due to problem in oxygen supply
At least 11 Covid-19 patients died due to a problem in oxygen supply inside the ICU in Government-run Ruia Hospital here late on Monday night, Chittoor district Collector M Hari Narayanan said. There was a five-minute lag in reloading the oxygen cylinder that caused the pressure to drop, resulting in the deaths, he said.
- NLC setting up oxygen plants in TN, UP and Rajasthan
- Govt identifies 2,400 drivers to tide over fatigue of oxygen tanker pilots
- Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury writes to President for urgent Parliament session on Covid situation
- DoT says no link between 5G and Covid; urges public not to be misled by baseless claims
- 'X category' security cover for all BJP MLAs in West Bengal
- Jharkhand to start free vaccination for 18-44 age group from May 14
- SP leader Azam Khan shifted to Covid-19 ICU of Lucknow hospital