India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
- CBI to SC: P Chidambaram tried to influence witnesses
- Congress MP from Karnataka quits Rajya Sabha, set to join BJP
- 'DRDO's young scientists' labs must try to break new ground'
- India, China hold talks to explore mutual recognition of degrees
- Didn't drop appeal: Sunni Waqf Board
It's conclusive proof of exact birthplace: Creator of map
The man who prepared a pictorial map showing the Ram Janmasthan, ex-IPS officer Kishore Kunal, isn't surprised that lawyer Rajeev Dhavan, representing Muslim petitioners in the Ayodhya title suit, angrily tore off the page depicting its contours before the Constitution bench. "As a lawyer Dhavan knows if the map is handed over to the court, he'd lose the case," Kishore told TOI.
- Supreme Court reserves order after 40-day marathon arguments
- PMC crisis: Supreme Court to hear tomorrow plea to protect bank deposits
- Will throw out all illegal aliens by 2024: Amit Shah
Praful Patel-Mirchi case: ED traces shell companies
Probing the money laundering case against Praful Patel and family members of Dawood aide Iqbal Memon 'Mirchi', Enforcement Directorate has tracked details of transactions of at least a dozen shell companies and "benami" bank accounts in Chennai which were allegedly used to launder to UK the sale proceeds of several properties collectively estimated to be worth over Rs 500 crore.