India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
- How coming-out videos are striking a chord
- Encounter underway in Kashmir Valley
- Congress uses Sitharaman's Rafale remark to attack govt
- Karnataka Congress MLA lands in hospital after 'clash': What happened at resort?
- UP BJP MLA calls Mayawati ‘blot on womankind,’ NCW to issue notice
'CIC search panel introduced names of disinterested outsiders for top post'
All the three commissioners in the Central Information Commission - Sudhir Bhargava, Bimal Julka and Divya Prakash Sinha - were among 68 applicants for the post of the chief information commissioner.
- Supersession of judges: Indignation of activist-lawyers, ex-judges very selective
- Diluted Coastal Regulation Zone rules bring Sahara Rs 40,000 cr windfall
Citizenship Bill to immediately help 31,000 immigrants
Contrary to the perception that the bill will confer citizenship on a large number of Bangladeshi immigrants living in Assam, no more than 187 Bangladeshis were granted long-term visa from 2011 to January 8, 2019. The majority of the beneficiaries may be Pakistani immigrants, with as many as 34,817 issued long-term visas between 2011 and January 8.
- EWS quota for social justice, not for election gains: Modi