India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
- Singhvi seeks time bound judicial inquiry into all encounter killings
- Boxing team’s doctor tests positive for Covid-19
- India needs additional spending of 6.2% of GDP to meet development goals: Report
Health min seeks over Rs 6 lakh cr under Finance Commission award from 21-22 to 25-26
The 15th Finance Commission on Monday held a meeting with Health Minister Harsh Vardhan on the issue of revising the state-specific proposals of the ministry in the wake of Covid-19 pandemic, exploring the possibility of back loading in the light of fiscal strain and suggestions of the high-level group on health under the Commission.
- Backed BJP in 2014 to keep Sena away from it: Pawar
With Gujjar & Meena support, Pilot an ideal choice for BJP
With his efforts to bring about a mutual accommodation between Gujjar and Meena communities so that their political animosities decline to the extent of accepting co-existence, Congress leader Sachin Pilot has given a new dimension to the caste equations in Rajasthan that could make him an attractive ally for BJP.
- ‘Congress now faces crisis of defining what it stands for’
- Rajasthan govt crisis: Senior netas’ peace plan fails to take off
Sachin Pilot sticks to his guns, seeks ways against Gehlot’s ‘unilateralism’
Rajasthan deputy CM Sachin Pilot contested the "victory" claim of CM Ashok Gehlot, saying the latter did not have the numbers and was in a minority while rebuffing efforts by senior party leaders to persuade him to withdraw his rebellion. Pilot's claim made it evident that he is sticking to his guns and puts in question the outcome of the Congress legislature party meeting.
- Perception of bleak future driving members away from Congress